About Me

My photo
California born and bred 25 year old dance machine now living in Salt Lake City. Sardonically irreverent spinster, DIY decorator & vegan baking enthusiast who enjoys sequins, house plants & malt liquor.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Cilantro Lime Grilled Corn

Barbecued baked lentils have been replaced as my staple go-to dish for potlucks and bbqs. Please welcome the new champion: grilled sweet corn in a cilantro lime marinade.

I spent Cindo de Mayo at a bbq at Megan and Quinn's and used this marinade on kebabs with smoked tofu and peppers. The marinade was awesome and the kebabs were a hit. I had some leftover sweet corn and marinade and decided to experiment with cooking the corn under the broiler. It took quite awhile, but it worked. Esther confirmed that it was the best corn she's ever had in her life. I agree. Invite me to your summer bbqs!

2 comments:

  1. I sure lucked out on the whole roommate thing. I know getting to see my beautiful face on the daily totally makes up for all the work you do, but I thought I'd let you know how much I appreciate you and your cilantro lime marinade anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're a good team! I couldn't have picked a better roomie.

    ReplyDelete