About Me

My photo
California born and bred 25 year old dance machine now living in Salt Lake City. Sardonically irreverent spinster, DIY decorator & vegan baking enthusiast who enjoys sequins, house plants & malt liquor.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Breakfast of champions.

This smoothie is one of my favorite things to have for breakfast before work. It's easy to make, tastes like dessert and is healthy for you (it's also one of the only ways I'll eat bananas because I hate them). I usually have this around 5:45 AM and won't start to get hungry again until around 9:00 AM, so it's pretty filling. Besides, who wouldn't want to start their day off with chocolate and peanut butter?

1-2 very ripe bananas
1 heaping T ground flax seeds/flax meal
1 level T cocoa powder
1/4 C peanut butter (go for natural! I use Adams and the ingredient label reads: peanuts. The cheaper and more processed the peanut butter = the less healthy your smoothie is)
1 C soymilk

Combine together in a blender (I use Esther's Magic Bullet) and blend until smooth.

Some days I add more flax, more peanut butter, less milk, more bananas, etc; It's also extra rich if you use Silk's dark chocolate almond milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment