About Me

My photo
California born and bred 25 year old dance machine now living in Salt Lake City. Sardonically irreverent spinster, DIY decorator & vegan baking enthusiast who enjoys sequins, house plants & malt liquor.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Toilet paper rolls!


I saw this idea on Pinterest and had to make it. I've commissioned everyone I know to save their toilet and paper towel rolls; and even with huge Mormon families contributing, it's taking quite awhile to get the amount I need. I got impatient and decided to try out a small version of what I have planned and I love it. Easy peasy, quick, and pretty.


What you need:
Tons of paper towel and toilet paper rolls (sticky pieces of left behind paper removed)
Hot glue gun
Scissors

Flatten the roll and cut into small strips. I just eyeballed and got about 8-9 strips from one roll.

Lay out the strips on a flat surface in a pattern of your choice. I used a flower shape for this version, but the other rolls I have saved are for a HUGE sunburst pattern that will take awhile to finish. Then you simply hot glue the strips together at the connecting points and use paper clips to keep them secure until they dry.

After you have enough individual flowers, lay them out in another pattern together and repeat the previous steps. Once it dries, find a wall to hang it on and marvel at your badass DIY skills.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! As of right now, t.p. & paper towel roles are being saved :D

    ReplyDelete