About Me

My photo
California born and bred 25 year old dance machine now living in Salt Lake City. Sardonically irreverent spinster, DIY decorator & vegan baking enthusiast who enjoys sequins, house plants & malt liquor.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas at the Lynn's.




I love my parents' house during the holidays. The air is thick with the smell of fresh baked goods and curse words and profanities aplenty (which isn't a far cry from the norm, but the difference at Christmas is there are pretty lights and fake trees to look at).

D-day is five days away and I haven't really been able to get into the Christmas spirit yet. I suppose it's because I can't afford to go all out like I have in years past or maybe it's because my California heart has grown to love a white Christmas and it's still bone dry outside. Who knows. I AM pretty pumped about the gifts I have for everyone this year. Tonight I'm planning on baking a bunch of cookies for my work party and am hoping that will fill me with more holiday joyz.

Seasons greetings. Feliz navidad. Happy Hannukkah. Merry Christmas. Happy solstice and that jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment