About Me

My photo
California born and bred 25 year old dance machine now living in Salt Lake City. Sardonically irreverent spinster, DIY decorator & vegan baking enthusiast who enjoys sequins, house plants & malt liquor.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Alcachofa.



I spent my night watching Halloween, drinking boxed wine and half assedly packing/making food for vacation. Have you ever noticed how dark Halloween is? I'm not talking the plot here, I mean that 75% of that movie is literally shot in dark houses without any lights on. By the end of the movie I had a headache from straining my eyes on my 40 inch tube TV (and surely not from the $10 box of wine).

Anyway. Artichokes were on sale for $.75 the other day at Winco. They're normally $3 A PIECE at Smith's, so after I picked my jaw up off the floor I purchased a handful of them. For dinner last night I steamed one and dipped the leaves in a garlic aioli and chipotle honey mustard sauce. The intention of this post was to share the recipes for the sauces but I just realized that I forgot the quantities, which are usually an important part of a recipe. So, instead you can look at these arty photos of my artichoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment