About Me

My photo
California born and bred 25 year old dance machine now living in Salt Lake City. Sardonically irreverent spinster, DIY decorator & vegan baking enthusiast who enjoys sequins, house plants & malt liquor.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Welcome, June?

I spent Memorial Day shopping and getting dinner at Sawadee with Melissa. I hadn't seen her in forever because she's been training hardcore for a triathalon in August while going to school AND working an intense full-time job. Seriously, she's amazing. We got to talk about plans for our trip to Seattle and Canada to celebrate her 30th birthday this September and I am so excited for it. I was really happy to spend the day with her and it was nice to catch up. She even had her first beer in six months with me!

Anyway. We spent a good deal of time in Anthropologie and while I couldn't afford to buy anything, I did find some interesting items that I am totally going to make at home.

How darling is this? Much more aesthetically pleasing than the canned beans I currently use to hold recipe books open while I cook.


These carboard lamps were ON SALE for $70! They are quite literally made of wood circles, dowels and cardboard. I have no idea where I would put them as I think my bedroom is turning into a fire hazard with the amount of paper crafts I have hanging everywhere, but I'd like to give them a try just for the hell of it.

I also spent the weekend helping Candice get settled into her new house. I went through my weight in ammonia and scouring pads, but her new home is shaping up nicely. Sarah gets home from London this weekend and Candice is having a late birthday/welcome back/housewarming bbq on Saturday to celebrate. I'm bringing cilantro lime corn and maybe a white bean and asparagus phyllo tart. Allie's birthday extravaganza is Friday and I'll be making tiramisu cupcakes for that. Busy, busy weekend in the kitchen!

It may be June 1st but it certainly doesn't feel like summer. The sun has been hiding and I hope it comes out to play soon. Bring on summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment