About Me

My photo
California born and bred 25 year old dance machine now living in Salt Lake City. Sardonically irreverent spinster, DIY decorator & vegan baking enthusiast who enjoys sequins, house plants & malt liquor.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

YoYos!

My adorable friend Brittney and I have a common love of DIY projects and she shared the idea for fabric flowers called yoyos with me. Last night I looked up a really great YouTube video, poured some wine, put season 3 of 30 Rock on Netflix and got to work on my very first sewing project ever using some fabric samples from Esther:



I can't sew a straight line to save my life, especially after a couple glasses of wine, but with these you don't need to so they are perfect! I'm going to put them on tshirts, cardigans, shoes, pillows, all sorts of things.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you had a thimble while you were making those things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look GREAT! way better than mine, and I used a yo yo maker which makes it totally easy for you haha. why cant we live closer so we could do this stuff together :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't have a thimble and I stabbed myself pretty badly a few times!

    Brittney, when I was making them I was thinking the same thing!

    ReplyDelete