About Me

My photo
California born and bred 25 year old dance machine now living in Salt Lake City. Sardonically irreverent spinster, DIY decorator & vegan baking enthusiast who enjoys sequins, house plants & malt liquor.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Vegan Mini Chip Shortbread Cookies

 
I spent a good portion of my childhood shoveling these cookies in my mouth when my mother's head was turned the other way. I LOVED THEM and could not ever get enough. They're rich and buttery and perfectly chocolatey and now I'll never have to go without them again.
  • 2 sticks vegan butter (room temperature)
  • 2/3 C powdered sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 C all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 C mini chocolate chips 

  • In a medium mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together for 3 minutes.
    Beat in vanilla extract.
  • Add flour to the bowl in half cup increments, being careful not to blow it all over the place.
  • Use a spatula or wooden spoon to fold in chocolate chips.
  • Transfer dough to a ziploc bag and refrigerate for 2 hours (I left mine overnight).

  • When ready to bake:
  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees.Roll dough out on a floured work surface and cut into desired shapes. You could also press the dough into a pan and cut into squares after baking.Bake for 13-15 minutes or until slightly golden. You want them to still be pale! 
  • Devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment