About Me

My photo
California born and bred 25 year old dance machine now living in Salt Lake City. Sardonically irreverent spinster, DIY decorator & vegan baking enthusiast who enjoys sequins, house plants & malt liquor.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

VeganMoFo #2: Herbed seitan, mac n cheeze & spinach salad



Candice and I spent a weekend trying out two different seitan recipes about a month ago. I used a recipe from Joanna Vaught and Candice just found something on google. I'm trying not to be biased here, but mine turned out awesome (and yielded 10 HUGE cutlets). Apparently the recipe isn't on Joanna's blog http://www.joannavaught.com anymore and the only copy I have is a printed out and heavily stained piece of paper stuffed in between my cook books at home. So I can't tell you how to make these, just how delicious they are.

What I CAN tell you is that I marinated the cutlets in a mix of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and italian seasoning and then brushed on a tiny dab of the vidalia onion dressing I used on my spinach salad. I lined a baking sheet with foil and put them in a 400 degree oven and left them in long enough to dye my hair black, take a shower and read half a chapter in my new book. Hows that for specifics?

The mac n cheeze was the last of leftovers from the other night and the salad was just fresh spinach I got at Smiths (a huge bundle for $1!). This dinner was amazing because the most work I did was wash and trim the stems off the spinach. Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment